Thursday, January 12, 2012

Beauty in Battlefields

Hello. So here is my first post on this blog. I struggled to find a name for my blog and spent my time (probably too much) making a list of names instead of reading for my classes (shh). I'll get to that later...eventually. Anyways, I thought I would explain why I named my blog, "Beauty in Battlefields."

Life seems to be in a constant state of war and is often an oxymoron. While I cannot speak for everyone, others might agree that life tends to be crazy and chaotic but sometimes slow and boring (oxymoron). Life can be horrible but sometimes it is wonderful (again, oxymoron). Life can be ugly but it is also beautiful (Oxi...you get the idea, if I say it one more time it'll probably annoy you). 

Because of previous experiences and events in my past, I can tell you that there is beauty in our battlefields. By battlefields, I mean moments (sometimes years) of suffering, pain, confusion (a.k.a. one of those negative moments in your life). Usually, it is not something we see or recognize until enough time passes for us to see the "big picture" from beginning to end (sadly, we can't always see the end...bummer). Now I will explain what I mean by beauty. When we view things apart from the world, we begin to see the good things through the bad, we learn things that we might have not learned if our battlefields never happened. When I fail to find something that makes my battlefields worth the pain, others always find it for me. This is hopeful (and helpful) through current battlefields and battlefields to come. Whether it takes a while to find beauty or someone else to point it out, there is always beauty in battlefields.

1 comment:

  1. I dig this so much! I can't wait to read what you have to say. :)

    ReplyDelete