Tuesday, April 10, 2012

God is Getting Artsy

       During my spring break trip with H2O, a few girls and I decided to get artsy and create pictures. On the evening before we left to go home, I could only find one of my pictures that I made (sadly, the one that I did not like as much). The other one was missing and I asked one of my friends if she saw it. She said that I would get it back later. What? I was so confused and I continued to question her. Did it get thrown away by accident? Or spilled on? She finally told me that she was planning on framing it as a surprise (yeah, I ruined the surprise...but I was determined to know where my artwork was!). 
       The other day, I was thinking about this event and it reminded me of us and God. So often, do we lose faith in God's steady control. When we cannot see the good works of His plans for us, we begin to not trust Him. We want control of our lives (but how can we have adequate control when this world is beyond our clout?). Just as my friend's intentions for my artwork (to be framed) was good, so are God's intentions for us. I never considered framing my picture, but when my friend mentioned the idea, I really liked it. We nearly never consider the content of God's will for us. His plans are so great (even greater than framing your artwork!) that we cannot fathom them. Once we see His good will working and understand His underlying intentions, we like it. No, we don't like it, we love it.
       With the knowledge that God's promises are good (and greater than ours), our faith should strengthen, not weaken. With the knowledge, let us continue in the hope that Christ gives us and let us trust in Him and His will (despite not seeing the details of his plans). He deserves our utmost trust and when we doubt his power, it's probably a big blow in the face to God. Yet, he is so humble about it.

2 comments:

  1. How is it that we haven't talked in months, yet you posted exactly what I needed to read today? It is incredible the way God works.

    PS, can we hang out soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That. Is incredible! And I am so thankful that you posted that. It is extremely encouraging to hear. God is continually showing his faithfulness to me through His Holy Spirit working (like that...!). Thanks :)

      And, um, YES PLEASE! After this coming Wednesday, my life will clear up from essays for a bit. Can we!?

      Delete